Home > How to > Can a mother pregnant sign over parental rights to the father before the baby is born?

Can a mother pregnant sign over parental rights to the father before the baby is born?

For example the mother is perfectly able to take care of the baby but simply doesnt want it.

  1. Miss D
    June 27, 2010 at 10:49 am

    It depends on the state but yes, it can be done, many women do similar things with adoption papers for private adoptions.

  2. AJ
    June 27, 2010 at 11:17 am

    yes call a laywer

  3. xxxxxbubba due in march!xxxxx
    June 27, 2010 at 11:57 am

    ummmm….you may want to take this question to the designated authority, group or courts. We are not legal councilors. Also i think you will be hard pressed to find some one on here that can tell you from experience. Also different states and countries have different laws and rules……

  4. Cazly_420
    June 27, 2010 at 11:59 am

    The question should be why is she giving birth to a child she doesn’t want!

    What the fuck is wrong with people these days.

  5. skinny
    June 27, 2010 at 12:56 pm

    I think it depends on which state you are in. You didnt give enough details. sorry.


    answer mines? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AprhqZQQSR1FEWOfRnDnGg3sy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20091230013606AA0RtpU

  6. Pokedigimomm
    June 27, 2010 at 1:06 pm

    I can’t see why not, but my guess is laws vary from state to state. You could check your state’s website, or ask a lawyer; if you don’t have much money, see if legal aid can tell you. But make sure that’s really what you want. Wait a little, to make sure that as time goes on in your pregnancy, you don’t become attached & want to take the parental rights back; you could be giving people a lot of heartache if you change your mind later, plus it could be really expensive legally. Give it some time. Too many women will contract with either the father or adoptive parents in the first trimester, then think better of it as the pregnancy progresses.
    Good luck & thank you for choosing to have the baby, even if you want to give care of it to someone else. Thank you for choosing life, for being responsible about planning for your baby’s future even if you ultimately decide you don’t want to be involved in that future.

  7. John
    June 27, 2010 at 1:38 pm

    i don’t think you need to,when the child is born simply let the father have full custody,it would be wise for the father to get it in writing

  8. SydneyMum101
    June 27, 2010 at 2:20 pm

    This is a legal matter and you should consult a lawyer in the state/country you live in.

  9. Dr. Araújo-Delgado; OMS Student
    June 27, 2010 at 3:08 pm

    People do this all the time.

    They decide they can’t have an abortion, so they will go the adoption route.

    Thus, they start the paperwork and sign over the baby before it’s born. If she’s smart, she’ll wait to sign all documentation AFTER having the baby, because a lot of women pull back at the last minute when the work has all be signed and notarized.

  10. Dayana
    June 27, 2010 at 3:18 pm

    I have found some good tips in following link, It may be good for you too

  11. cat
    June 27, 2010 at 3:32 pm

    i think the mother shouldnt do nothing till she had had her baby and helt it for the first time as holding ur baby for the first time is the best thing in the world, ur baby no,s ur voice and will no ur smell , babys need there mum , wait till baby is born the feelings towards the baby will change and im quiet sure she will not want to give it away, maybe she needs help and had depression which can be treated, dont just give baby away it will need her

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: