Home > How to > can i get an abortion without parental permission? Im 15 and live in the state of south carolina?

can i get an abortion without parental permission? Im 15 and live in the state of south carolina?

My boyfriend is 18.
It is not rape if I was the one to make the decision, I wanted it. My mom is fine with me having sex, she just thinks I should wait till college and doesnt know i’ve left the house to do these things. she will not press charges. Shes worried about my emotions.
and about me ruining my life, which is what mothers do. and i understand her worries. and I wish I could find an easy way to tell her.

  1. due 01/27/10
    June 27, 2010 at 2:03 pm


    We aren’t here to do your work for you, we’re here to answer questions to women who are pregnant and have questions about their babies. If you want an abortion figure it out on your own instead of coming on Y!A which is mostly populated with pro-lifers.

  2. pregnant with twins =)
    June 27, 2010 at 2:11 pm

    I think you need permission from a parent since your under 18. Why get an abortion anyways? They are horrible. Grow up and take the responsibility that you made.

  3. Michelle Allison90
    June 27, 2010 at 2:55 pm

    probably not.

    when you and your bf had sex you know you were taking a risk of pregnancy. along with stds etc… pregnancy is always a risk of protected or unprotected sex. You felt responsible and mature enough to take this risk then you must be responsible and mature enough to handle the consequences of these actions. tell your parents, it is probably illegal for you and your bf to sleep together due to his age, and give the baby for adoption. read up on abortion and you will see it haunts many women for the rest of their lives as well as can cause you to be infertile later on in life. so many people out there cannot have children and it would be such a brave, mature, and selfless thing to do to give them yours if you arent ready for a child. abortion is not birthcontol.

  4. SgtShamy
    June 27, 2010 at 3:28 pm

    unfortunately no, but you better get your parents to help ASAP because he’s going to jail for statutory rape



    it IS statuary rape because you’re too young to consent
    and anyone can press charges. It doesn’t have to be you or your mom, you’ll be screwed if you HAVE the baby. That’s proof of your sexual relationship.

  5. jenn_smithson
    June 27, 2010 at 3:49 pm

    South Carolina does require parental consent. However, your state also provides an option for a grandparent to sign (possibly an aunt or uncle), a doctor can sign a waiver for you, or you can obtain a judicial bypass.

    You need to get the ball rolling on the waiver or the judicial bypass if you cannot tell your parents. Call your local Planned Parenthood or women’s health clinic and they will help you begin the process. Or, you can pick up the paperwork for the judicial bypass yourself at your county clerks office. The clinics, especially Planned Parenthood, however will help find you a free attorney to help you with the process.

    After you are granted the waiver or judicial bypass, you make an appointment with the clinic of your choosing, pay for the procedure, and go through with it if it’s what you want.

    Best of luck!

  6. T
    June 27, 2010 at 4:00 pm

    abortion is something that can not be taken back. your baby already has a heart beat. I used to live in SC and had a unplanned pregnnacy and went to Birthright they have tons of resources please call them day or night 1-800-550-4900 email me anytime.

  7. amanda s
    June 27, 2010 at 4:03 pm

    think about what you’re asking. Are you that selfish that you need to punish an unborn child of your immature mistakes! Shame on you. 15 year olds shouldn’t even be having sex let alone having the ability to take away a life. Have you ever heard of adoption? there are couples out there that have been trying for years and years to have a child and would do anything to complete there family. and you’re going to just use abortion to fix something you did. YOu should never be allowed to have children if you ever grow up.

  8. Uni T
    June 27, 2010 at 4:58 pm

    First let me say I am sorry for the situation you are in. We must repeal abortion laws and work to make abortion services universally accessible to all no matter a woman’s age, geographic location, or financial resources.

    If you need free counseling while you are making your decision (they respect your decision whatever it is):

    There is funding available – either through donations to clinics or low (or no) interest loans for a clinical abortion. Going to a clinic is safer and more effective than attempting self-induced abortion. For funding information in the USA:

    Each state has different laws governing abortion notification or consent of parents – the supreme court ruled that for a state to have a parental notification or consent law then the state must have an option for judicial bypass if the minor does not wish to inform her parents. A clinic like Planned Parenthood can help advise and walk through the steps of getting a judicial bypass. For information on the state law on parental notification see the monthly Guttmacher pdf Parental Involvement in Minors’ Abortions (Google for the latest, this one is April 2009):
    If you are underage in the United States and are looking at self-induced abortion because of fear of parental notification – there are organizations set up to assist you.
    Contact your local National Organization of Women chapter
    or your local Unitarian Church minister
    and ask about Operation Overground – a service to help transport and provide accommodation for women who must travel across states to obtain clinical abortion services. When you travel to another state without parental notification laws – you do not need to obtain permission or notification.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: